Does dmd have SSE intrinsics?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Tue Sep 22 04:09:09 PDT 2009

Robert Jacques:

> Yes, but the unaligned version is slower, even for aligned data.

This is true today, but in future it may become a little less true, thanks to improvements in the CPUs.

> Also, another issue for game/graphic/robotic programmers is the ability to
> return fixed length arrays from functions. Though struct wrappers
> mitigates this.

Why doesn't D allow to return fixed-sized arrays from functions? It's a basic feature that I can find useful in many situations, it looks more useful than most of the last features implemented in D2.

Bye,
bearophile