Rich Hickey's slides from jvm lang summit - worth a read?

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Sep 24 18:41:00 PDT 2009

language_fan:

> [lot of stuff...]
> Switching to Python is in one way a step in
> the wrong direction - you lose something you already had for free -
> [lot of stuff...]

I know several languages but I'm usually able to write correct Python programs (< 10_000 lines long) in less time than in other languages. So what you say doesn't agree with my practical experience. (For bigger programs, or other kind of programs, or other programmers, the situation may differ).

(And that post was not about Python).

Bye,
bearophile