override(T)

Lionello Lunesu lio at lunesu.remove.com
Thu Sep 24 22:04:45 PDT 2009

Rainer Deyke wrote:
> Lionello Lunesu wrote:
>> Be careful with that reasoning. What about attributes? Properties? What
>> about C# "var" vs. D "auto"? C# "using" vs. D "import"? In fact, what
>> about the standard library?
>
> I wouldn't wind at all if D copied more from C#, and I don't even like
> C#.  A natively compiled C# with extra features would be much more
> useful (and much easier to sell) than yet another incompatible
> object-oriented C variant.

You're right, I wouldn't mind either, though I would prefer keeping a
D-feel to the new features. "override Interface.A()" feels like a
loanword :)  We have this great C-accent going on and it's partly this
accent that defines us.

Actually, I've always defended the use of English loan words in Dutch,
so I guess that makes me pretty inconsistent :)

L.