Null references redux

language_fan foo at bar.com.invalid
Sat Sep 26 17:24:28 PDT 2009

Sat, 26 Sep 2009 19:27:51 -0400, bearophile thusly wrote:

> Some of the things you have seen at Boeing
> today can be done better, there's some progress in the design of human
> interfaces too. That's why I suggest you to program in dotnet C# for few
> days.

That is a really good suggestion. To me it seems that several known
language authors have experimented with various kinds of languages before
settling down. But Walter has only done assembler/C/C++/D/Java/Pascal?
There are so many other important languages, such as Self, Eiffel, Scala,
Scheme, SML, Haskell, Prolog, etc. It is not by any means harmful to know
about their internals. There is great deals of CS concepts to be learned
only by studying the language cores.