Null references redux

Jeremie Pelletier jeremiep at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 22:09:37 PDT 2009

Walter Bright wrote:
> Yigal Chripun wrote:
>> An exception trace is *far* better than a segfault and that does not
>> require null values.
>
> Seg faults are exceptions, too. You can even catch them (on windows)!

Walter, check the crash handler I submitted to D.announce, it has signal
handlers on linux to convert segfaults into D exception objects and
throw them so the code can unwind properly and even catch it.

It has made my life so much easier, I barely need to run within a
debugger anymore for most crashes. I don't know enough of phobos and
druntime to port it, but its under a public domain license so anyone is
free to do it!

</shameless plug>