Null references redux

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Sun Sep 27 16:23:47 PDT 2009

grauzone, el 27 de septiembre a las 22:31 me escribiste:
> >>Woah, nice. I stand corrected. Is this in druntime already?
> >
> >Not yet, its part of a custom runtime I'm working on and wish to
> >release under a public domain license when I get the time. The
> >code is linked from a thread in D.announce.
>
> Some of this functionality is also in Tango (SVN version). Signals
> are catched only to print a backtrace.

I think this is a very bad idea. When the program receive a segfault
I want my lovely core dumped. A core dump is way more useful than any
possible backtrace.

I really don't see any use for it except if an uncaught exception could
generate a core dump (just as GCC do for C++ code). But I *really*
*really* want my core dump, so I can open my debugger and inspect the dead
program exactly in the point where it failed.