OT: Management of Coders (was: Null references redux)

Manfred_Nowak svv1999 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 28 06:03:24 PDT 2009

BCS wrote:

[...]
> I wouldn't want to hire a programer that *habitually* (and
> unnecessarily) hacks past a feature designed to prevent bugs.

In the short time of an interview its not possible to test for habits (or
necessarity) to hack past a feature designed to provent bugs.

Therefore the only measures of code quality are the number of bugs
detected by the users---or the number of WTF's exclaimed during a code
review.

Are you able to give an upper limit for the number of WTF's during a code
review for which the coder is not fired?

-manfred