OT: Management of Coders (was: Null references redux)

BCS none at anon.com
Mon Sep 28 13:34:44 PDT 2009

Hello Manfred_Nowak,

> BCS wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> I wouldn't want to hire a programer that *habitually* (and
>> unnecessarily) hacks past a feature designed to prevent bugs.
>>
> In the short time of an interview its not possible to test for habits
> (or necessarity) to hack past a feature designed to provent bugs.

Good point, I guess that all that is left would be to try and get a feel
for what they think of that kind of practice (give them something ugly that
works and ask "what do you think of this code?"). If they indicate they think
that kind of hacking a bad idea, then at least you can say they lied if you
have to get rid of them for that kind of things.