Interesting GCC extensions

language_fan foo at bar.com.invalid
Mon Sep 28 15:05:22 PDT 2009

Mon, 28 Sep 2009 13:27:13 -0400, Steven Schveighoffer thusly wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:58:57 -0400, bearophile
> <bearophileHUGS at lycos.com> wrote:
>
>> Jarrett Billingsley:
>>
>>> Which do you want? Do you want new features, or do you want things to
>>> be fixed?<
>>
>> The ideas shown in that post are low priority, so they can wait. But
>> things can be planned for the future too, you can start
>> thinking/planning about them even years before they are implemented
>> (see vector operations of D).
>> (The triple point syntax is probably out of time).
>
> Just so you know.  In 5 months, (i.e. the future) nobody is going to
> remember that you posted this.  I've noticed you replied to many a
> thread with "well, that's exactly what I suggested X months ago, but
> nobody listened to me."  When you make 2 posts a week suggesting
> changes, you can't expect them all to be considered, most are lost in
> the noise.

You can filter out all posts not written by bearophile + the ones that
are not roots of the discussion threads. :) They are mostly proposals. I
do not know why he does not use the bugzilla - unintuitive interface
perhaps? I have always tried to avoid bugzilla because of the horrible
UI. More often, when I search for something, the search seems to be
broken so I delegate the search to google.