Feature suggestion: in-place append to array

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 1 08:14:00 PDT 2010

On Thu, 01 Apr 2010 11:01:38 -0400, Mike S
<mikes at notarealaddresslololololol.com> wrote:

> I suppose the abstraction makes it a QOI though, so depending on the
> compiler and GC used in the future it could become a question again.  As
> it stands, I'm less interested in its precise current state and more
> interested in keeping an eye on its direction and how the
> spec/compiler/tools will mature over the next few years.

As an aside, because the GC is implemented all in runtime, you can swap
out the GC for something else that suits your needs.  Therefore, the issue
of having to deal with different GCs on different platforms can be
circumvented by inventing a GC that works the way you want on all
platforms :)

Also, I don't see the major attributes of the GC changing anytime soon.

-Steve