The D programming language newsgroup should lift its game

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Apr 1 10:38:36 PDT 2010

"Justin Johansson" <no at spam.com> wrote in message
news:hp2952$2qh7$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Lest this forum decays as has Google Groups,
>
> ( see "Google Groups is Dead" by John Resig
> http://ejohn.org/blog/google-groups-is-dead/ )

Hmm, yea, ever since I first tried spam filtering software (and I've tried a
number of different ones), I've been convinced that the only worthwhile spam
filtering system is one that doesn't even bother to try to filter on
messages that have already been sent (and certainly not one of those
heuristics systems, those are horrible), but rather makes sure the sender is
legit before it even lets them send. CAPTCHAs, a real login system, only
giving out real email addresses to individuals, not sites or organizations,
etc. I've been following that, without any client-side or server-side
software spam filter, for years and I get far fewer spam getting through
than even gmail users do, and *zero* legit messages blocked.