The D programming language newsgroup should lift its game

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Thu Apr 1 19:37:25 PDT 2010

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Justin Johansson wrote:
> > Lest this forum decays as has Google Groups,
> >
> > ( see "Google Groups is Dead" by John Resig
> > http://ejohn.org/blog/google-groups-is-dead/ )
> >
> > my suggestion is that this newsgroup should make steps to lift its game.
>
> But we don't have a spam problem here (crosses fingers).

Sorry for the poor message delivery on my part.

My comment was intended to refer to the amount of troll feeding in recent times and
the disproportionate amount of discussion on seemingly (to me) trivial discussion
(e.g. tabs and spaces).

But then again what might seem trivial or idle to me may be a treasure trove of
interesting discussion to others.  So maybe I'm wrong to criticise and the quality
of discussion on this group is bubbling along just fine in the opinion of others.

What do others (including those usually silent) think? As this newsgroup is an important
face for D, could or should it strive for better?

Cheers
Justin Johansson

ps. Re xxx and $$$ type spam, yes, the NG has been mostly spared -- crossing
your fingers seems to work for that Walter.