Need help fixing "The linker can't handle *.d.obj" issue

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Fri Apr 2 08:50:01 PDT 2010

On 02/04/10 16:41, Daniel Ribeiro Maciel wrote:
> Yes, it is sad indeed, cuz I dont know how to instruct CMake to generate objects using a different naming convention.
>
> I am currently looking into it. Hopefully I will find an answer.
>
> Where is thie linker source code? Maybe I could do something with it.

Pick your favorite disassembler and you've pretty much got it :) In
fact, it's probably more readable than the actual source code from what
I've read of Walter's comments in the past, if I recall correctly he
assembles, then disassembles the code so he can see what's actually
happening in between all the conditional blocks in the source code.

The reason I say pretty much is that parts are gradually being ported to
C, I think I read on Walter's blog that the C code compiles down to an
almost exact equivalent to the assembler before though, so there
shouldn't be too much difference.