Memory Corruption with AAs

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 10:15:36 PDT 2010

Has anyone else still been noticing difficult to reproduce memory corruption
issues in the presence of associative arrays with 2.042?  They seem to happen
very infrequently and non-deterministically.  I can only reproduce them in the
context of a large program.  However, they don't occur in 2.040 (the release
before the array stomping patch), and they are clearly a result of memory
corruption, as contents of arrays change from what I expect them to be to
completely random-looking values inside a loop that does a lot of memory
management and uses AAs heavily but doesn't modify the values.