Memory Corruption with AAs

Jordi jordi at rovira.cat
Fri Apr 2 22:47:20 PDT 2010

Walter Bright wrote:
> Jordi wrote:
>> I am having exactly the same situation.
>
> Any chance you can reduce it to a small test case?

Actually i am trying to add an "autotest" mode to my project to be able
to test and benchmark different compiler versions, compilation options
and even GC implementations in the context of a realistic application
(in size, kind of things it does and "average" quality of code).

However i don't expect to be able to narrow this down in the short term,
due to the relatively big amount of data involved and the randomness of
its occurrence. Sometimes it is a crash somewhere gdb cannot provide
info on, sometimes i get my own assert in places i am pretty sure that
are not possible unless i get some corruption or wrong result from an AA.

And finally, i am not entirely sure yet that it is really the compiler's
fault... if i manage to have a "send-able" case i will submit it in the
bugtracker.

j.