Memory Corruption with AAs

Jordi jordi at rovira.cat
Sat Apr 3 00:09:35 PDT 2010

Steve Teale wrote:

>>> same way every time. This means you can put an assert on the crashing
>>> data (even without gdb it can be found by inserting printf's), and
>>> slowly work it backward to where the data goes wrong.
>> According to an article I was reading that constancy does not apply with
>> current Linux kernels. They deliberately randomize things to make life
>> difficult for hackers.
>>
>> I'll try to find it again - it's about debugging GCC itself.
>>
>> Steve
>
> Got it - http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/DebuggingGCC
>
> Right at the end.

Well, i don't know if this applies to my case, but it is definitely random:

- Compile
- Run
- it crashes after some interaction.
- Run the same again
- crashes immediately.

  I am currently trying to run it in windows to see what comes out.
Trying to narrow it down makes it disappear in all of my attempts so far.

j.