The D programming language newsgroup should lift its game

BobR brhodes at simple.access.com
Sat Apr 3 13:32:30 PDT 2010

Walter Bright wrote:
> Don wrote:
>> I have to say, most forums seem incredibly amateurish to me. I'm
>> amazed that absolute garbage like phpBB is actually still in use. Is
>> there any *good* forum software out there? It doesn't seem like it
>> would be hard to beat a newsgroup. But...
>
> That also continually surprises me, how wretched the supposedly
> modern forum software is compared with newsgroups.

Real programmers don't make web pages, they create software! The web is a
kludgy interface at best, doing something with the technology that it was
not designed to do, and it shows. If there is any real "software" in a
website, it's the underpinnings. Having to suffer through a web
"interface" is like going back to green-screen terminals after having had
used a PC for a decade or more.