The D programming language newsgroup should lift its game

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 16:06:53 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 03, 2010 at 01:45:59PM -0700, Walter Bright wrote:
> What about this thread? Without the newsreader, given the 50 or so messages
> here, how would I know that the one on the end specifically replies to that
> one of mine?

That's what the quotations are for.

Though, threaded vs linear isn't too much of a forum vs news argument. I
use a linear view into this group just by having my client sort by date;
in this sense, the newsgroup is probably superior, since it provides enough
flexibility to go both ways.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net