The D programming language newsgroup should lift its game

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 14:07:30 PDT 2010

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 16:51:36 -0400, Walter Bright
<newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote:

> Robert Clipsham wrote:
>> You could also add them as newsgroups and http thanks to gmane:
>> news://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.d.dmd.devel (dmd-internal)
>>  http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.d.dmd.beta
>> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.d.concurrency
>> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.d.dmd.devel (dmd-internal)
>> http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.d.phobos
>
> Done, thanks for letting me know.

I went looking for where you put these, and found that the navigation bar
on the left is very inconsistent.  For example, the community box for the
main D page (http://www.digitalmars.com/d/index.html) has just 3 links in
it, whereas the D2 page (http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/index.html) Has
the forums link expanded into it's own box.  However, I don't see the news
link unless I click on "Links" in the Community box.

It might be worth seeing how you can auto-generate the side bar instead of
hand editing it.  This can cut down on the inconsistency and also make the
web site easier to navigate.

-Steve