data corruption

Steven Schveighoffer schveiguy at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 6 05:12:55 PDT 2010

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 20:06:30 -0400, Ellery Newcomer
<ellery-newcomer at utulsa.edu> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> I've got this screwy problem with my old version of dmdz.
>
> One of the functions runs through a loop that appends to a string[]
> about four or five times. When it's chewing through a large amount of
> source code, maybe 1 call out of 200 the third element of the array gets
> corrupted just after an append.
>
> duping the string that gets appended has no effect.
>
> Trying to print out the pointer addresses to the strings does seem to
> get rid of the problem.
>
> I'm using dmd 2.042; it doesn't seem to happen on 2.040

Others have seen similar issues, can you email me directly, and perhaps we
can get to the bottom of it?

We had memory corruption issues I introduced with my array append patch in
2.041, and I thought I squashed them all, but I should be able to find the
bug reasonably quickly if I have a reproducible test case.

Thanks,

-Steve