garbage collection in d

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Wed Apr 7 14:28:46 PDT 2010

Daniel Oberhoff:

> oh :). so what are the biggest projects done with d so far ( one and two ) ?

I leave this question to other people.

> I may have a go at trying to get a
> dsel for array expressions going. I have been doing some of that in c++
> with boost proto, but its hard, and I suppose in d it may be easier,
> because a lot of the metaprogramming seems to be more straight forward.

Recently another person has tried to implement expression templates in D2 for numerical coding, but I think he has found a small problem, that probably will be fixed.

Time ago the main D developer has thought about adding some kind of AST macros to D2, that can probably simplify a lot the implementation of expression optimizations. I don't know if it will be ever be added, they introduce a good amount of complexity to the language. And it's not for D2 anyway, because there is enough eggplant roasting on the D2 fire now, and it's not cooked yet on both sides, so in the meantime you can try to use expression templates.

Bye,
bearophile