Patches, bottlenecks, OpenSource

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 09:43:58 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 08:09:34AM -0400, bearophile wrote:
> I like D, it's an alive project, but from what I've seen D so far is not having a so significant success.

D2 hasn't even launched to beta status yet; it is pretty premature to say anything
about its success.

"That fetus has a heartbeat, but from what I've seen so far, it hasn't landed
 a very good job."

> So as D develops and grows it will get hard for a single person to write all patches to the language and other parts.

There's about a dozen contributors now that I know of to phobos, and about half
the things you listed are library issues - some of those things have been
improved upon in just the last couple months, and in the next couple, there's
lots more in store.

IMO, the language itself is pretty well complete. The list I have of requests
is very small and all low priority - what's left is beautifying the library,
fixing bugs, and improving performance, and D has a pretty good team on this
today.

--
Adam D. Ruppe
http://arsdnet.net