Benchmarking in D

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Mon Apr 12 11:09:46 PDT 2010

Chris Mueller wrote:
>> On what OS? On linux, you can do:
>>
>> time foo
>>     to get the run time for program foo, including elapsed clock time,
>> time spent in the program itself and time spent in the kernel on
>> behalf of the program (for I/O, mallocs, etc);
>>
>> cat /proc/$(pidof foo)/status
>>     to get memory information for a running program. I don't know any
>> way to get the memory information once the program exits.
>>

> I'm currently using XP, is there any similar way to measure memory
> consumption? Otherwise i install a quick unix development environment
> on a separate partition.

	I believe that the task manager can give that information. Hit
Ctl-Alt-Del, then click on the "Task Manager" button. One of the
tabs gives information about the running processes. You might need
to configure the displayed columns, but I don't remember how it's
done and I don't have an XP box on hand to check.

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr
Jabber: jeberger at jabber.fr