DMD and commercial application ?

GG gg at gg.com
Fri Apr 16 14:35:04 PDT 2010

I'm little confused with DMD's license... I don't understand very well the
limits...

I found this : http://www.digitalmars.com/d/archives/digitalmars/D/37364.html
and a license file in DMD folder with these lines :
"The Software is copyrighted and comes with a single user license,
and may not be redistributed. If you wish to obtain a redistribution license,
please contact Digital Mars."

I didn't find anything about license of DMD on the web page.

So my question are :
can we use DMD compiler to make commercial application ?
can we distribute commercial applications compiled with DMD without contact
Digital Mars for a license ?
what does "single user license,and may not be redistributed" mean ?
finally, what can't we do with DMD compiler?

Many questions... but I need to know what I can do and what I can't do.

Thanks !