Patches, bottlenecks, OpenSource

Leandro Lucarella llucax at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 11:19:25 PDT 2010

bearophile, el 10 de abril a las 08:09 me escribiste:
> much slow in patching. A fork will not happen in D soon because there
> are not enough people yet that care and work for D enough to make a fork
> viable.

I think there were some sort of forks in the D history. I see Ares/Tango
as a fork of the runtime, and LDC has somehow forked the front-end too to
fix some bugs. But fortunatelly there are still intentions in the
D community to merge the forks. The problem is when Walter is not
responsive enough to the merge requests.

> I suggest to give patching rights to Don, it can be one more step
> forward toward Open Sourcing D development style :-) In future such
> right can be given to other few good people that have shown to deserve
> enough trust.

I agree that having more people with some kind of commit access would
improve the situation.

And I am not frightened of dying, any time will do, I
don't mind. Why should I be frightened of dying?
There's no reason for it, you've gotta go sometime.
If you can hear this whispering you are dying.
I never said I was frightened of dying.