Remove real type

bearophile bearophileHUGS at lycos.com
Thu Apr 22 15:26:56 PDT 2010

dennis luehring:

>the os can't change your representation length inside structs - or what do you mean?<

I was wrong, Walter has given the right answer. The padding is compiler-specific.

>which modern x86 hardware do not support the 80bit fpu type?<

Current SSE registers, future AVX registers, all/most GPUs of the present. And take a look at the answer written by Don regarding 64 bit CPUs.
LLVM doesn't like X86 FPU.
Probaby 80 bit FPU type is not going away soon, but I don't think it's the future :-)

>what implementation? of the software 128bit?<

Yep.

Bye,
bearophile