Things I Learned from ACCU 2010

so so at so.do
Sat Apr 24 02:35:42 PDT 2010

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:00:32 +0400, Clemens <eriatarka84 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Walter Bright Wrote:
>
>> * Not all functional programming languages do concurrency well. Haskell
>> and
>> OCaml in particular have severe fundamental problems with it such that
>> parallelizing your code makes it slower.
>
> Do you have a reference on that? I'll produce one to the contrary:
> http://cgi.cse.unsw.edu.au/~dons/blog/2007/11/29#smoking-4core

Haskell is cool but I am puzzled with that Haskell vs C example.
What is he comparing? Parallel Haskell vs what?

Also he is right by using the argument "naive",
but more likely "naive use of the language" for a given algorithm, the
very thing you arguing against?
I'd like to see the comparisons of a "non-naive" implementations too :)