JavaScript is the "VM" to target for D

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Sat Apr 24 03:48:53 PDT 2010

Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:26:18 -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> And even if
> you really did need client-scripting (and the vast majority of the time,
> you don't), there are better ways to distribute cross-platform code
> across a network.

Really, such as? The largest problem by far has been to increase the
global user base of these better technologies. The most widely used side
virtual machines are for Flash and Javascript. Java had a good position,
but now its dying away (on the client side). Silverlight has patent
issues. What else do we have? You can't just run python or ruby in a
windows box -- it doesn't have any runtime support.