JavaScript is the "VM" to target for D

Adam D. Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Sat Apr 24 13:29:55 PDT 2010

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 01:53:10PM -0600, Rainer Deyke wrote:
> Congratulations, you just invented ActiveX.  I hope you like your
> platform lockdown and your security vulnerabilities.

ActiveX controls don't run as a limited user account. That's the key here:
the entire browser should be running as a restricted user, and it creates
processes even more restricted than itself.

(When Google did this in Chrome, it was hailed as brilliant and innovative.
 I saw it as them finally doing what they should have been doing from the
 beginning.)

> 99% of web pages will offer just the win32 version.

Meh, works for 91% of users.