Remove real type

Walter Bright newshound1 at digitalmars.com
Sat Apr 24 17:23:49 PDT 2010

strtr wrote:
> Walter Bright Wrote:
>
>> strtr wrote:
>>> Is there no way to stay within float standards? It only needs to be
>>> portable over x86
>> It is standard IEEE 754 floating point.
>
> Most math functions I see in std.math take reals as input. Should I use the C
> variants in stead?

If you're content with inaccurate and non-portable answers. Don and I have
discovered that many C standard library implementations don't even come up to
the precision of the parameter types.

If you're relying on the various C standard library functions to give exactly
the same answers, you'll be disappointed :-(