Remove real type

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Apr 25 10:05:12 PDT 2010

On 04/25/2010 11:50 AM, larry coder wrote:
> strtr Wrote:
>
>>> I'm sure certain oddities could be derived from systems that
>>> impose discontinuities, but by and large I think those aren't all
>>> that interesting.
>> A lot of the more recent research is done in spiking neural
>> networks; dynamical systems with lots of bifurcations. I wouldn't
>> say those are not that interesting. But then again, who am I? :P
>
> Don't worry, lad. Not everyone has or even needs to have the skill to
> be an expert in all fields of computer science and make such bold
> statements, only a few of us (excluding me, naturally). You can also
> live a happy life as an average or lead developer without ascending
> to the demigod level.

On a different vein, I'm a fan of disclosing true identity of posters.
I've staunchly done that ever since my first post on the Usenet, and
have never been sorry. When I attended my first conference I was already
notorious following my posts on comp.lang.c++.moderated. It has
definitely helped my career.

People who end up making solid contributions to D do end up mentioning
their identity, and it would be very nice to e.g. take a look at strtr's
work on spiking neural networks (of which I know nothing about) so I get
better insights into what (s)he's talking about.

Andrei