DMD crash! and JSON files

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Mon Apr 26 11:08:23 PDT 2010

On 2010-04-26 13:37:40 -0400, "Steven Schveighoffer"
<schveiguy at yahoo.com> said:

> This is the way it should be anyways -- I shouldn't have to download
> Windows or MAC binaries/libs to compile on Linux.  Or have to mark the
> Linux bins as executable (not necessary if the distribution was a
> tarball), which is kinda unfriendly for newbies/annoying for
> experienced  coders.

I agree about the executable bits. That's fairly annoying when
installing manually. You'd think that just replacing the old folder
with the new one would be enough, but no: you have to go change
permissions all over the place.

Zip files can store the executable bit too, you just have to use the
right tool to create the archive. If I create a zip file using the
'zip' command on Mac OS X, the executable bit is preserved when I later
use 'unzip'. It's probably the same on Linux.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com
http://michelf.com/