Masahiro Nakagawa and SHOO invited to join Phobos developers

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Thu Apr 29 07:49:47 PDT 2010

On 04/29/2010 09:39 AM, SHOO wrote:
> Andrei Alexandrescu さんは書きました:
>> Thanks! You are now a Phobos developer.
> I'm happy to join member of Phobos developer!
>
>  > Unfortunately you cannot commit
>> your changes to std.date because it infringes on Tango's license.
>>
>> Andrei
>
> What did I infringe the license of Tango for? For interfaces? For
> implements?
> I've written the codes without the intention. Please tell me the points
> that are the problem.

I don't know other details except that a Tango representative explicitly
warned us about the potential infringement yesterday. You may want to
check with the Tango team. I am sorry for the disappointment this must
entail to you.

The current direction considered for std.date is to take the design of
Boost.Date_Time as a starting point.

http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/date_time.html

Andrei