Masahiro Nakagawa and SHOO invited to join Phobos developers

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Thu Apr 29 11:43:33 PDT 2010

"Walter Bright" <newshound1 at digitalmars.com> wrote in message
news:hrcbrr$2t7e$1 at digitalmars.com...
> Moritz Warning wrote:
>
>> Maybe you can talk to the Tango devs to clear up this matter?
>
> I suggest that the Tango devs convert the Tango modules that can get full
> agreement by their respective devs be converted to the Boost license. The
> Boost license is free of the legal problems that BSD has, and is
> compatible with the Phobos license.

It looks like the Tango devs are pretty much settled on BSD-only with some
hack to get around the binary attribution thing:
http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/ticket/1701  (*Shrug*, well, at least
it's not as insanely verbose and impenetrable as Apache 2.0...)

I *hate* licenses...(That's why I use the zlib one, none of the public
domain problems, all of the freedoms that I've been told Boost offers, and
none of Boost's idiotic over-verbosity.)