Masahiro Nakagawa and SHOO invited to join Phobos developers

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Thu Apr 29 13:02:38 PDT 2010

Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:39:55 -0400, Nick Sabalausky wrote:

> Seriously, were they *trying* to prevent people from understanding it?
> If so, I don't think they could have done a better job. (At least not
> without hiring the FSF's "Let's do everything we can to enure our
> profession is needed as much as possible" lawyers.)

The rationale behind license text is to make it enforceable. If a lawyer
cannot protect the author against infringement due to problems in the
license text, the license is basically useless.

If you have problems reading the text, some authorities such as the
Creative Commons provide shiny graphical interfaces to the license. Of
course, I'm sure no one will complain if you release all your work under
a very liberal license or don't limit the use in any way. It's always a
pleasure to steal good work. "What's yours is mine, what's mine isn't
yours" - that's how the communism worked.