Clojure Protocols & expression problem

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Thu Apr 29 13:25:51 PDT 2010

Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:21:15 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

> retard wrote:
>> :) Sorry, but I actually have to use D.
>
> I'm sorry you'd have to use D if you don't want to, but it is a positive
> sign that D is catching on in the business world.

It's positive that you sometimes write a reply. What saddens me is it's
mostly about *my* personal issues.

I've always given at least two ways to continue the discussion. The posts
also contain valid technical issues, much more than some of the most
desperate bikeshedding here. It's sad that instead of improving the
language and enriching the intellectual capacity of the active members,
you concentrate on ad-hoc personal attacks and on the most irrelevant
parts of the posts.

I wonder what is causing all this. Have you started to consider everyone
with knowledge about programming languages a threat? Wanna hear my
secret? After 8 hours of sleep, 8 hours of daily job, and 3 to 4 hours of
other chores, I have a small amount of time to read reddit [1],
wikipedia, blogspot [2], and sometimes the abstracts (and if it makes any
sense, perhaps part of the discussion) from LtU [3]. Maybe also 2 to 3
larger PL related books (e.g. [4]) per year. If I still have more spare
time, I might read the newsgroup here or write some code. That's about it
- a rather harmless hobby. If that places me to the ivory tower along
with bearded, funny looking, smelly old men, I should probably take heed
and spend more time lifting weights or something more useful.

Certainly I'm a bit bitter, but I didn't start the fight afaict. The
community kind of lost its innocent blissful state long ago after some
unfortunate events.

[1] for example, part of what I read today http://img88.imageshack.us/
img88/5559/redditposts.png

[2] mostly posts by some bright guys like james iry ( http://james-