Clojure Protocols & expression problem

retard re at tard.com.invalid
Thu Apr 29 13:58:51 PDT 2010

Thu, 29 Apr 2010 15:34:15 -0500, Ellery Newcomer wrote:

> Walter, you shouldn't be apologizing to retard. These personal attacks
> are just not acceptable on a public forum and coming from an adult.
>
> Instead, I think you should be more like him.

I think this whole thing is seriously getting out of hand. My wish was to
stop talking about me and concentrate more on D. After all, this
newsgroup *is* about D. Yet, the first reply is yet another post about
me. There seems to be no other way than to disappear. I thought the old
dust would eventually settle, but it apparently never did.

As a side note, if the "be more like him" means more aggressive attitude
against opinions you don't personally like, the advice is highly damaging
to the social atmosphere. Even if I disagree with people, I never provoke
hate. I think a community can tolerate one immature person every now and
then - it might really be the case that he/she has some personal (mental)
issues. To ease your pain, I've already deleted a large part of my
the web interface still shows them.