Masahiro Nakagawa and SHOO invited to join Phobos developers

Moritz Warning moritzwarning at web.de
Fri Apr 30 06:02:32 PDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 18:02:27 +0900, SHOO wrote:

> Andrei Alexandrescu さんは書きました:
>> On 04/29/2010 09:39 AM, SHOO wrote:
>>> Andrei Alexandrescu さんは書きました:
>>> I'm happy to join member of Phobos developer!
>>>
>>>  > Unfortunately you cannot commit

>>> What did I infringe the license of Tango for? For interfaces? For
>>> implements?
>>> I've written the codes without the intention. Please tell me the
>>> points that are the problem.
>>
>> I don't know other details except that a Tango representative
>> explicitly warned us about the potential infringement yesterday. You
>> may want to check with the Tango team. I am sorry for the
>> disappointment this must entail to you.
>>
>> The current direction considered for std.date is to take the design of
>> Boost.Date_Time as a starting point.
>>
>> http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_42_0/doc/html/date_time.html
>>

>> Andrei
>
> Hmm...
> OK, I'll try to rewrite it.
> I'll thoroughly eliminate codes that resembles Tango's one by the next
> contribution. And I intend to refer to boost::time.
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot reply for a while so that there is a schedule.
>
> Bye.

Hi,

have you thought about just asking the authors of the Tango code in
question?
I would imagine they would say that they only see a minor resemblance in
the api and asking wouldn't even be necessary from their point of view.

But since W/Phobos is very copyright sensitive, I'm sure they will give
the permission.