Mac OSX installer for dmd

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Aug 1 17:42:02 PDT 2010

Ryan W Sims wrote:
>> I got an email from someone who got an interest in D following my talk
>> at Google. He tried to install dmd on OSX, but got turned off (and
>> rightly so) for the unnecessary difficulties of that process and the
>> lack of documentation. Nicely of him he took the time to write me and
>> detail his experience. Following that, Walter managed to fix the most
>> egregious documentation errors.
>
> Are those fixes reflected anywhere on the site?

Here's what I sent the guy:

======================================
1. I put up a new download,

    http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.2.047.zip

All that's different is it adds the file:

    dmd2/osx/bin/dmdx.conf

and adds a revised license file:

    dmd2/license.txt

which hopefully will make things clearer.

2. I revised the installation instructions:

    http://www.digitalmars.com/d/2.0/dmd-osx.html

which now also include instructions for building dmd and the runtime library. If
things still fail for you, please let me know.