Mac OSX installer for dmd

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Aug 1 22:33:58 PDT 2010

dsimcha wrote:
> I absolutely despise using qualified names because they are both syntactic noise
> and extra typing.  D lets me just import tons of stuff and skip the qualified
> names in most cases.  Most of the time it does what I mean, and it complains if
> and only if there's ambiguity about what I mean.

I am inordinately pleased with how the anti-hijacking design worked out. I think
it is unique to D2.

Consider, for example, what a botch C++ did with this (namespaces and Koenig
lookup). C# requires lots of pointless qualifications.

D2's design works so well most people don't even notice it. It just works.