Axiomatic purity of D

Justin Johansson no at spam.com
Mon Aug 2 06:00:52 PDT 2010

Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> On 07/30/2010 08:02 AM, Justin Johansson wrote:
>> To what degree do the author and advocates of the D(2) Programming
>> Language believe that it is axiomatically pure and to what degree
>> to the naysayers believe that it is conversely impure. Further,
>> does axiomatic purity in a PL really matter?
>>
> I wanted to answer this question after others have, but it seems the
> topic hasn't garnered a lot of attention.

While being somewhat disappointed that this topic has not gathered much
momentum, my thoughts are now that it was an ill-conceived question.
Certainly I am not well enough read about type systems and my guess
is that not many others on this readership are either.

I am interested to know however what the last respondent's exact
motive was to delay answering the question until after others had.
Admittedly we all often hold back to see what others are saying
first so by no means I am inferring any criticism here.

Cheers
Justin Johansson