Mac OSX installer for dmd

dsimcha dsimcha at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 19:16:26 PDT 2010

== Quote from Leandro Lucarella (luca at llucax.com.ar)'s article
> With this default, I think complaining when no symbol from an imported
> module is used would be better to avoid extra unneeded dependencies. But
> I suggested that before and you don't like it.
> Too bad.

But then you wouldn't be able to do import somelib.all;.  This is essential
because importing all the modules you need individually is tedious, annoying
boilerplate code.  IMHO in a modern language with good metaprogramming facilities
like D, boilerplate code should absolutely, 110%, at all costs, be swept off to
the ash heap of history.  It's boring to write, hard to maintain (in the sense
that it's just more code to slog through) and encourages cut-and-paste style
coding.  I refuse to write even the few lines of boilerplate it takes to import
the same 15 modules over and over, when I can have a module that just publicly
imports all of the ones I typically need.