Mac OSX installer for dmd

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Mon Aug 2 23:39:29 PDT 2010

bearophile wrote:
> Walter, I suggest you to stop right now to say how much good D module system is and how much good your design is, etc, and to start looking for the problems/holes instead. In my language there is a proverb that says something like "Who praises himself a lot, covers himself with broth" or something similar ^_^ Keep looking for the *design* problems of the D module system, and try to fix them, instead of saying several times how much good D module system is.

I agree with the spirit. Getting in the state we unconditionally believe
we got it right essentially prevents progress in the matter by halting
the brain.

That being said, I recall you mentioned a couple of times in the past
that D's modules have problems. Whenever you substantiated those claims,
I found the arguments insufficient and ended up forgetting them. Are
there some bugzilla reports (at the risk of repeating the same question)?

Andrei