Why don't other programming languages have ranges?

Jim Balter Jim at Balter.name
Mon Aug 2 23:47:49 PDT 2010

"Andrei Alexandrescu" <SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org> wrote in message
news:i34op7$2hbj$1 at digitalmars.com...
> On 08/01/2010 05:44 AM, retard wrote:
>> Sat, 31 Jul 2010 23:38:17 +0000, BCS wrote:
>>
>>> Hello retard,
>>>>

>>> Yes, ACL2.
>>>
>>> http://www.dsource.org/projects/scrapple/browser/trunk/backmath
>>>
>>> Now I know why that sort of thing isn't done more often.
>>
>> Learning how to document your code might also help. It looks like a mess.
>
> I think it takes some good amount of courage and confidence to put one's
> identity and code out there for everyone to criticize. Conversely,
> criticizing from the comfort of anonymity and without producing "do as I
> do, not only as I say" examples doesn't sit well.
>
> Andrei

Ad hominem argument. If you disagree that it looks like a mess, you should
argue that. If you concur, then it doesn't matter who pointed it out. And
anonymity on the internet has been held up as a fundamental right for
decades.