Why don't other programming languages have ranges?

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Aug 3 10:43:42 PDT 2010

Jim Balter wrote:
> Ad hominem argument. If you disagree that it looks like a mess, you
> should argue that. If you concur, then it doesn't matter who pointed it
> out.

Yes, and most of the time that's the case. But sometimes a person uses anonymity
in order to engage in trolling, or so they can make careless statements.

> And anonymity on the internet has been held up as a fundamental right for decades.

Of course. It's why I don't mind people posting here using pseudonyms, nor do I
try to "unmask" them.

On the other hand, people posting under pseudonyms have to work harder to earn
respect, and that's fair, too.