A working backtrace for linux

Sean Kelly sean at invisibleduck.org
Tue Aug 3 20:09:02 PDT 2010

Graham St Jack Wrote:

> Sean, is there any chance of you rolling some of the good stuff in this
> code into druntime?
>
> In particular, it would be very nice to get symbol names in a stacktrace
> rather than a bunch of addresses, and even nicer to get a stacktrace on
> a SIGSEGV.

You can get the symbol names by adding -L--export-dynamic to your DFLAGS in dmd.conf.  That option is on by default on OSX and I didn't realize it was different on Linux.  I'll sort out demangling as well, it's just a bit more work.  I like the stack trace code provided, but it uses a lot of modules that aren't available to druntime so it would be difficult to use directly.