Mac OSX installer for dmd

Don nospam at nospam.com
Wed Aug 4 00:53:00 PDT 2010

Walter Bright wrote:
> Jacob Carlborg wrote:
>> Am not sure about 1441 and I don't think 2529 is just an
>> implementation issue.
>
> 2529 is an implementation issue (and I don't agree with Don, I think his
> suggestion breaks encapsulation).

Maybe it does. I think the bug should be closed as invalid, because the
initial suggestion in the bug report is completely wrong: it would drive
you to put low-level stuff in the root, and derived stuff in the leaves.
Implementing that suggestion would encourage poor design.

I believe D's current approach is what Java does?