Andrei's Google Talk

Jeff Nowakowski jeff at dilacero.org
Thu Aug 5 08:11:11 PDT 2010

> Walter is more silent than usual because he's working very hard on the
> 64-bit compiler. He hopes to have one by the end of this month. His next
> big goal is shared library support.

While those are both important, isn't it even more important to have the
existing 32-bit implementation complete? How can you showcase a language
that's incomplete and buggy? Can't both those features wait until after
D2 is considered polished enough to be released?

I keep seeing reports from people running into bugs, unfinished
features, and incomplete documentation. There's no end in sight, either,
yet a book has been released and the language is promoted as if it were
a finished product.