Andrei's Google Talk

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Aug 5 13:55:40 PDT 2010

Adam Ruppe wrote:
> To abandon DMD for that is language suicide.

Well, one reason (certainly not the only one) I keep with the current dmd back
end is that I don't need to spend time convincing some other organization to
fix/improve/customize it for better D support. I can just get it done.

Being in control of the toolchain has a lot of benefits.

For example, look at gdb, and trying to get it to support D - not for the
patches themselves, but getting them accepted into the standard gdb.