Congratulations to Philippe Sigaud

Philippe Sigaud philippe.sigaud at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 23:25:40 PDT 2010

>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm very excited to announce that Philippe's excellent work on dranges
>and his display of overall expertise earned him the well-deserved right
> to commit to Phobos (after checking with me, greenhorn :o)).
> Philippe, you're the fifteenth member on the Phobos roster.
> I see you're already on phobos at puremagic.com, so you're good to go.
>
>Please join me in congratulating Philippe!

Thanks Andrei, thanks everyone in the Phobos ML for accepting me!

It'll be a pleasure to participate in all the good stuff I see over there!

Andrei, I already have a dsource account and currently use svn under Windows (Vista)
and linux (Kubuntu 10.04, but I do not have dmd installed there). Rest assured I do
not intend to break Phobos from day one :o)

Oh, I see we are on the main D NG... I'll crosspost with the Phobos list.

Things I'd like to help with:

* Phobos code, obviously, notably std.algorithm, functional, traits, range, typecons,
container, string, numeric, array, typetuple, maybe variant... I'm feeling more or
less confident on these, and totally incompetent on any other :o) I will not touch
core.*, even with a 10-ft pole. Anyway, I guess it's not part of Phobos proper.

* Improving the documentation & examples for Phobos. I feel like most functions and
templates should have an example, if only a one liner. As an aside, some modules could
have satellite articles attached to them, with a more developed example exercising the
module, for example in dmd/samples -> /container, /string etc. Reading the docs is
good, seeing more than a one-liner is even better.

* unit tests...

* Cleaning the DMD examples up: maybe putting some of the useful scripts you like so
much? Also, see above for my proposition to have more extended examples for some
modules.

* Updating the website documentation, if that's OK with Walter.

cheers,

Philippe